About the Author
Award-winning mystery and true crime writer Kate Flora is the author of 14 books, including the true crime story Death Dealer and the novel And Grant You Peace, both published in the fall of 2014. Her book Finding Amy (true crime), co-written with a Portland, Maine deputy police chief, was a 2007 Edgar Award nominee. Kate’s other titles include the Thea Kozak mysteries and the starred-review Joe Burgess police series, the third of which, Redemption, won the 2013 Maine Literary Award for Crime Fiction.
A former assistant attorney general in the areas of battered children and employment discrimination, Kate is a founding member the New England Crime Bake conference, a founder of Level Best Books where she worked as an editor and publisher for seven years and has served as international president of Sisters in Crime. When she’s not riding an ATV through the Canadian woods or hiding in a tick-infested field waiting to be found by search and rescue dogs as research for her books, she can be found teaching writing at Grub Street in Boston.
Our Authors in the News
- Angela Sebaly, author of The Courageous Leader, on Forbes
- Leaving the Pink House, by Ladette Randolph, reviewed in O, The Oprah Magazine.
- Joe Burgo, author of The Narcissist You Know, interviewed by MSNBC
- Dennis Rosen, author of Vital Conversations: Improving Communications Between Doctors and Patients, on The New York Times “Well” blog.
- Peggy Payne, author of Cobalt Blue, blogs regularly for Huffpo
- Joe Burgo, author of Why Do I Do That? And The Narcissist You Know interviewed on NPR.
- Joe Burgo, author of Why Do I Do That? And The Narcissist You Know interviewed by USAToday.
- Scott Davis, publisher of Memories & Scenes, featured in The Jewish Daily Forward.
- An article by Terry Baker Mulligan, author of Afterlife in Harlem, on Salon.com.
- An article by Rosanna Fay, author of Careless Caregivers, in The Atlantic.
- Julie Ann Cairns, author of The Abundance Code, writes for U.S. News & World Report
- Rob Bell, author of Don't Should on Your Kids: Build Their Mental Toughness, interviewed on Fox59
- Louie Cronin, author of Everyone Loves You Back, featured on The Nervous Breakdown
- Buzz Feed featured Virginia Simpson's The Space Between: A Memoir of Mother-Daughter Love at the End of Life