About the Author
Susan Peirce Thompson
Susan Peirce Thompson, Ph.D., is author of the book Bright Line Eating: The Science of Living Happy, Thin, and Free (Hay House, March 2017). An Adjunct Associate Professor of Brain and Cognitive Sciences at the University of Rochester and an expert in the psychology of eating, Susan is the CEO of Bright Line Eating Solutions, a company dedicated to sharing the psychology and neurology of sustainable weight loss and helping people achieve it.
Susan’s devotion to weight-loss science stems in part from her own struggle to kick her addiction to food and the drugs she used to control her eating habits. With those trials behind her, she received the 2011 NISOD Excellence Award for her work as a psychology professor and helped found the Institute for Sustainable Weight Loss in 2015. In 2016, Susan has been featured broadly in the news, including in Women’s Health Magazine, The Toronto Sun and Livestrong, and on Fox News Radio, Fox TV and The Howard Stern Show. She lives in Rochester, New York with her husband David and their three children.
Our Authors in the News
- Angela Sebaly, author of The Courageous Leader, on Forbes
- Leaving the Pink House, by Ladette Randolph, reviewed in O, The Oprah Magazine.
- Joe Burgo, author of The Narcissist You Know, interviewed by MSNBC
- Dennis Rosen, author of Vital Conversations: Improving Communications Between Doctors and Patients, on The New York Times “Well” blog.
- Peggy Payne, author of Cobalt Blue, blogs regularly for Huffpo
- Joe Burgo, author of Why Do I Do That? And The Narcissist You Know interviewed on NPR.
- Joe Burgo, author of Why Do I Do That? And The Narcissist You Know interviewed by USAToday.
- Scott Davis, publisher of Memories & Scenes, featured in The Jewish Daily Forward.
- An article by Terry Baker Mulligan, author of Afterlife in Harlem, on Salon.com.
- An article by Rosanna Fay, author of Careless Caregivers, in The Atlantic.
- Julie Ann Cairns, author of The Abundance Code, writes for U.S. News & World Report
- Rob Bell, author of Don't Should on Your Kids: Build Their Mental Toughness, interviewed on Fox59
- Louie Cronin, author of Everyone Loves You Back, featured on The Nervous Breakdown
- Buzz Feed featured Virginia Simpson's The Space Between: A Memoir of Mother-Daughter Love at the End of Life