About the Author
Steve Scheier is CEO and Founder of Scheier+Group, a consulting firm dedicated to helping organizations clarify power differently so they can do more good.
During his 20-plus years of experience as a human resources and nonprofit leader, Steve has observed the stifling power dynamics that impact decision-making within organizations. This formed the basis of his book, Do More Good. Better. Using the Power of Decision Clarity™ to Mobilize the Talent of Your Nonprofit Team (2015).
Prior to founding Scheier+ Group in 2010, Steve served as vice president of human assets and training at the national education nonprofit College Summit, and president at the nonprofit organization Entrepreneurs Foundation. His private-sector experience includes serving as a vice president of human resources at Food.com and CKS Group. He has also worked for 9 years at Apple, Inc. where his last position was director of K-12 marketing. He is an occasional contributor to the North Bay Business Journal.
Our Authors in the News
- Angela Sebaly, author of The Courageous Leader, on Forbes
- Leaving the Pink House, by Ladette Randolph, reviewed in O, The Oprah Magazine.
- Joe Burgo, author of The Narcissist You Know, interviewed by MSNBC
- Dennis Rosen, author of Vital Conversations: Improving Communications Between Doctors and Patients, on The New York Times “Well” blog.
- Peggy Payne, author of Cobalt Blue, blogs regularly for Huffpo
- Joe Burgo, author of Why Do I Do That? And The Narcissist You Know interviewed on NPR.
- Joe Burgo, author of Why Do I Do That? And The Narcissist You Know interviewed by USAToday.
- Scott Davis, publisher of Memories & Scenes, featured in The Jewish Daily Forward.
- An article by Terry Baker Mulligan, author of Afterlife in Harlem, on Salon.com.
- An article by Rosanna Fay, author of Careless Caregivers, in The Atlantic.
- Julie Ann Cairns, author of The Abundance Code, writes for U.S. News & World Report
- Rob Bell, author of Don't Should on Your Kids: Build Their Mental Toughness, interviewed on Fox59
- Louie Cronin, author of Everyone Loves You Back, featured on The Nervous Breakdown
- Buzz Feed featured Virginia Simpson's The Space Between: A Memoir of Mother-Daughter Love at the End of Life